Re: issue CONSTANT-CIRCULAR-COMPILATION, version 7

I think the 'error terminology' is probably misapplied in the use

"State that the consequences are undefined if an object containing a
circular reference appears as a constant to be compiled."

We speak of "... the consequences are undefined... " in reference to the
consequences of execution of a particular construct during the normal
evaluation process, either in interpreted or compiled code.

The appearance of the object itself does not have undefined consequences, I
don't think. Is it the consequence of attempting to invoke COMPILE or
COMPILE-FILE that is undefined, or is it the consequence of attempting to
execute the result of the COMPILE or COMPILE-FILE that you wish to leave
undefined?

If I say

(defun frob ()
	(when nil #1=(nil . #1#)))