Re: issue OPTIMIZE-DEBUG-INFO

> I am opposed to requiring the system to control debug-info generation in
> any particular way.  Debug-info need not be controlled by the compiler at
> all: it could be conditionally GC'd away at system build time.

An implementation would be free to ignore (OPTIMIZE (DEBUG ...))
declarations if they were not considered relevant to its way of doing
things.  While additional information added for debugging could be
cleaned away by some system utility later, there is also the issue that
if DEBUG is more important than SPEED or SPACE, then you may want to
suppress some optimizations that could confuse the user.

  -- David Gray