Re: **DRAFT** issue SYNTACTIC-ENVIRONMENT-ACCESS (version 4)

I think there is now a consensus in the compiler committee that the
concept of remote environments is not yet ready to be standardized, so
proposals MEDIUM and LARGE will probably go away in the next
iteration.

As far as I can discover, CLtL doesn't say anything about the
representation of environments, and I don't want this issue to add any
restrictions.  One popular representation appears to be as a list of
structures.

-Sandra
-------