Re: issue SYNTACTIC-ENVIRONMENT-ACCESS

> Date: Mon, 20 Mar 89 16:18 EST
> From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
>
> Another approach would be for (DECLARATION declaration-specifier env)
> to return a list of all decl-specs currently in force with the symbol
> declaration-specifier in their car, sorted so the innermost declaration
> is first on the list.  It's then up to the caller to parse this in

Hmmm.  I think this has promise, provided that we either clarify that
for declarations that can be "bound", only those declarations that
apply to lexically visible bindings be returned, or else restrict this
to declarations that can only be "free".  Also, shouldn't this
function also ought to be required to know about the DECLARATION
decl-spec as well as OPTIMIZE?

-Sandra
-------