Re: **DRAFT** issue CLOS-MACRO-COMPILATION, version 2

FYI, issue DEFCONSTANT-VALUE is supposed to be dead.  It was originally
intended to amend issue COMPILE-FILE-HANDLING-OF-TOP-LEVEL-FORMS, but
we ended up amending that issue directly instead.

> I think for both DEFCONSTANT and EQL the semantics should
> be as if it were never evaluated until load time, with the compiler
> allowed to evaluate it sooner only if it can prove that that does not
> change the semantics.

This was what was specified for DEFCONSTANT in the initial incarnation
of COMPILE-FILE-HANDLING-OF-TOP-LEVEL-FORMS, but it seemed like
everybody (except me and possibly Walter) hated it.  If we want to
make DEFCONSTANT less vague than it is now, I think a proposal to
require the initial value form to be evaluated at macroexpand time and
treated as a literal constant in the expansion would probably have
more support.

-Sandra
-------