Issues: EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL, DEFINING-MACROS-NON-TOP-LEVEL

re: It would be useful to say right there (again) that "top-level" means
    a null lexical environment.

You know, that's not a bad answer to one of the most unanswerable questions
in lisp history.  I like it.

re: BTW, VAX LISP does not treat COMPILER-LET bodies as being at top-level.
    It's OK with me if we do add this functionality, though frankly I'd
    prefer we deleted COMPILER-LET from the language.  But that's another
    issue.

Flush it!  Go for it!

-- JonL --