issue PROCLAIM-ETC-IN-COMPILE-FILE

When we last left this issue, we had eliminated proposals YES and NO
and were debating new names for the DEFPROCLAIM macro in proposal
NEW-MACRO.

Talking to some people informally afterwards, the two suggestions that
appeared to have the most support were DECLAIM and PROCLAMATION.
However, some people said they didn't like DECLAIM because it might be
too obscure for non-native English speakers, and some people said they
didn't like PROCLAMATION because they thought the name should be a
verb.

I don't remember the list of all the others that were mentioned
(except PROCLARE, which wasn't intended to be a serious suggestion).
Consulting a thesaurus, I find some additional synonyms:

    advertise
    advise
    announce
    annunciate
    broadcast
    disseminate
    promulgate
    pronounce
    publish

Of these, my favorites are ADVISE and ANNOUNCE.

(Oh yes, DECLAIM has a totally different set of synonyms, including
orate, bloviate (!), harangue, rant, and rave.  Is this really the
right connotation we want to give to this construct?)

-Sandra
-------