Re: issue DEFINING-MACROS-NON-TOP-LEVEL (Version 4)

>  * For the most part, it doesn't make any sense to do
>     (DEFUN ... (DEFUN ...)) so it seems strange to encourage it.

I don't think it was the purpose of this proposal to encourage this.  It
is made possible as a side effect of permitting more interesting things
such as (LET (...) (DEFUN ...)).  The Explorer supports non-top-level
DEFUNs but issues a style warning on a DEFUN within a DEFUN saying that
"either there is a right parenthesis missing or you should be using FLET
instead."  In other words, legal, but not encouraged.