Re: issue MACRO-ENVIRONMENT-CREATOR, version 1

> Hmmm, that's certainly a clever trick!  As I understand it, you're
> creating a piece of code to walk the MACROLET which establishes the
> same macro definitions, and then evaluating that explicitly, right?
> <etc.>

That sounds like what the program analyzer in Sun's
SPE product does to establish macro expansion environments
in a portable way.  It has worked fine for us so far, though
the best performance is in the (common) case where the macro
expansion environment is null.  I have some concern it might
prove rather slow in code with a lot of MACROLETs or
SYMBOL-MACROLETs.

I've described the technique before on some of these
mailing lists, but I don't think it sank in.