[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MAKE-LOAD-FORM can handle circularities [was Compilation implications]
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: MAKE-LOAD-FORM can handle circularities [was Compilation implications]
- From: Eric Benson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 89 12:57:38 pst
- Cc: jrose@Sun.COM, Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com, email@example.com, Common-Lisp-Object-System@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU, CL-Compiler@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon's message of Wed, 11 Jan 89 12:37 EST <19890111173731.3.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 89 12:37 EST
From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 89 08:59:40 pst
From: Eric Benson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The dumper should be allowed to compile the forms returned by
MAKE-LOAD-FORM. That would be a way of trading increased dumping time
for decreased loading time. If the file is to be loaded many times
that would be a desirable trade-off. Also, it is then possible to
load it into a Lisp that has no EVAL.
I agree. Didn't the version 1 writeup say that?
Maybe it did. Some CL mail has gotten lost on its way here, due to
lossage at SAIL. Or I might have just overlooked it.