[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: issue SHARP-COMMA-CONFUSION
- From: Jon L White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 89 18:03:02 PST
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM's message of 10 Jan 89 15:03 PST <890110-150351-6806@Xerox>
re: Is the ` before `(#,(pop markers) #,(pop markers)) a mistake?
No, it's just superfluous (since there are no comma markers in the form).
re: ... constraints about where #, can occur, for example, it doesn't work
inside any code that is eval-when compile.
I think you'll find it much more difficult than that to explain, especially
in the presence of #. and "special magic" used by COMPILE-FILE. There
are no such restrictions (nor inherent ambiguities) on LOAD-TIME-VALUE.
-- JonL --