issue DEFINING-MACROS-NON-TOP-LEVEL

> Date: Tue, 07 Mar 89 11:02:42 EST
> From: Dan L. Pierson <pierson@mist.encore.com>
>
> I would very much like to see what GENERALIZE-EVAL-NEW-KEYWORDS will
> do to DEFINING-MACROS-NON-TOP-LEVEL before voting for the former.  I
> still want to be able to wrap a LET around a couple of DEFUNs and have
> it all work correctly!

Right.  I think we are all agreed that the rules for when defining
macros cause compile-time magic should be exactly the same as those
for when (EVAL-WHEN (COMPILE) ...) causes compile-time magic,
precisely so that you can implement the defining macros using
EVAL-WHEN.

The only major change I'm planning to do the the existing writeup is
to move the definition of "top-level" versus "non-top-level" to issue
EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL.  I think it really makes more sense there,
since that is where the COMPILE-FILE model is presented.

-Sandra
-------