[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: draft of alternate proposal for EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL
- To: Eric Benson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: draft of alternate proposal for EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL
- From: email@example.com (Sandra J Loosemore)
- Date: Tue, 7 Mar 89 10:29:19 MST
- Cc: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- In-reply-to: Eric Benson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tue, 7 Mar 89 09:21:49 PST
> Should we include forms within the body of a top-level MACROLET? This
> seems reasonable. What about LOCALLY? This also seems reasonable,
> modulo the question of whether LOCALLY is a macro or a special form.
> Is this a slippery slope?
I think we reached consensus at the last meeting that both MACROLET and
SYMBOL-MACROLET should pass through toplevelness.
LOCALLY is still a sticky issue. I tend to agree with JonL that since
it can add things like SPECIAL declarations to the environment, its
body should never be considered toplevel.