cl-compiler issue status as of 3/9

OK, here's where we stand now.

This is the list of issues which I think will be ready to send out in
time to meet the 2-week rule.  The ones marked with an asterisk are
the ones that I've sent out new versions on in the past day or two.
My plan is to mail all of these to X3J13 Monday night, but please
don't wait until the last minute if you have some major complaint that
you haven't told me about yet.  As far as I'm aware, none of these
issues require major changes but on some of them I do have some notes
about updating things like current practice or error terminology.

* COMPILE-ENVIRONMENT-CONSISTENCY
  COMPILE-FILE-SYMBOL-HANDLING
  COMPILED-FUNCTION-REQUIREMENTS
  COMPILER-DIAGNOSTICS
* COMPILER-LET-CONFUSION
  COMPILER-VERBOSITY
  CONSTANT-CIRCULAR-COMPILATION
  CONSTANT-COLLAPSING
  CONSTANT-COMPILABLE-TYPES
* DEFINING-MACROS-NON-TOP-LEVEL
* EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL
  LOAD-TIME-EVAL
* MACRO-ENVIRONMENT-EXTENT
  QUOTE-SEMANTICS
  SAFE-CODE

Unless somebody sends me revised proposals Real Soon Now, it doesn't
look like these issues are going to be ready in time to meet the
2-week rule:

CLOS-MACRO-COMPILATION
COMPILE-FILE-ENVIRONMENT
DEFCONSTANT-NOT-WIRED
DEFINE-OPTIMIZER
PROCLAIM-ETC-IN-COMPILE-FILE
SYNTACTIC-ENVIRONMENT-ACCESS (aka MACRO-ENVIRONMENT-CREATOR)
WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT

Issue CLOS-MACRO-COMPILATION is troublesome.  If we can't come up with
a proposal before the meeting, I think we'll have to ask for an
extension.  I don't think the standard would be complete without
saying something on this issue -- it's not a proposal for an addition
to the language, it's a clarification of the compilation semantics of
a basic language feature.

-Sandra
-------