I still need help with compile-time side-effects

I haven't yet gotten any response to my earlier plea for help about
what the compile-time side-effects of the CLOS defining macros should
be.  I would really like to get a new version of the writeup on issue
COMPILE-FILE-HANDLING-OF-TOP-LEVEL-FORMS ready in time for the January
X3J13 meeting (which really means within the next 10 days or so
because of the holidays).  I don't understand the inner workings of
CLOS well enough to feel comfortable with arbitrarily dictating what
this behavior should be myself, and I don't think there are any other
CLOS wizards in the cl-compiler group either.

So....  Could somebody please volunteer to help out with this issue?
Ignoring the problem won't make it go away....

-Sandra
-------