I still need help with compile-time side-effects

re: I haven't yet gotten any response to my earlier plea for help about
    what the compile-time side-effects of the CLOS defining macros should be.

Although I volunteered (at Fairfax) to help out with specifying these
requirements, I find myself so overloaded with "Cleanup" questions and
other X3J13 responsibilities that I have no time to work on this issue
before Spring 1989.  I'm sorry I can't be of more help now.

-- JonL --