Extent of CALL-NEXT-METHOD

    Date: Mon, 12 Oct 87 12:21 EDT
    From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    By the way, the closure captures the method objects, but not the method
    functions; in other words, if you redefine a method, then call the
    closure, the closure will call the new definition of the next method.
    This is the same as the way we treat ordinary function calls in closures
    (I don't believe CLtL actually prescribes what should happen in this
    case.  Should CLOS?)

It seems to me that this has to do with whether defmethod (and friends)
replace the existing method or alter the existing method.  I thought
defmethod replaced the existing method; so it seems to me that if the
closure captures the method objects redefining one of the captured
methods should have no effect on the closure.
-------