Extent of CALL-NEXT-METHOD

    Date: Mon, 12 Oct 87 13:29 PDT
    From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM

    It seems to me that this has to do with whether defmethod (and friends)
    replace the existing method or alter the existing method.  I thought
    defmethod replaced the existing method; so it seems to me that if the
    closure captures the method objects redefining one of the captured
    methods should have no effect on the closure.

defmethod should behave consistently with defclass and defgeneric in
this respect.  The latter two alter an existing object rather than
creating a new object.