0-ary generic functions

    Date: 22 Oct 87  1554 PDT
    From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>

    I believe this idea tickled us when we were discussing delegation
    in Palo Alto. The idea was to have every generic function have at least
    one required parameter so that no-applicable-method would have something
    to discriminate on. After I heard this the next thing I remembered was a
    guy in a green coat waving a small bottle of ammonia under my nose.

    I think we flushed this requirement. Anyone else remember it?

I think Dick is right:  We flirted with, but in the end did not adopt,
a restriction that a generic function must have at least one required
parameter.