Re: Method Combination Objects

         Since method-combination-instance (method-combination-object) must be
         called before ensure-generic-function is called, its first argument is
         actually a prototype of the generic function.

     On 13 January, Danny said

       [method-combination-instance] allows specialization on the class of
       the generic function as well as on the name.  Although useful, this
       might not be important because compute-effective-method also allows
       specialization on both the generic function and method combination
       object.

     Given this, and what you just pointed out, I think it was a mistake to make
     the generic function an argument here.  Thus I think the arguments should
     be (method-combination-object name options) => object.  This doesn't
     affect chapter 1 or 2.

I think this is right.

Patrick.