call-method proposal prime prime

    Date: Wed, 27 Jan 88 23:15 EST
    From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    I take it we have agreed on this.  Here are the changes to the document.
    In cases where the mail was unclear, I made some decisions.  I hope there
    is time to make these changes before we have to ship the documents to
    X3J13.  I apologize for the delay in getting this out; pulling it all
    together has been a bigger job than I expected, and I had some other
    things that had to be done first.

This is all fine except for one small thing.  Since I sent this proposal
out, I have realized that (what you are calling) make-method isn't
really a lexical macro, it is just a special symbol which marks the car
of lists which appear in the second argument to call-method.  There is
no problem with that particularly.  I do think it means we should switch
the name back to EFFECTIVE-METHOD or just METHOD since it really doesn't
make anything at all.
-------