call-method proposal prime prime

    Date: Thu, 28 Jan 88 17:27 PST
    From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM

    This is all fine except for one small thing.  Since I sent this proposal
    out, I have realized that (what you are calling) make-method isn't
    really a lexical macro, it is just a special symbol which marks the car
    of lists which appear in the second argument to call-method.  There is
    no problem with that particularly.  I do think it means we should switch
    the name back to EFFECTIVE-METHOD or just METHOD since it really doesn't
    make anything at all.

I noticed that MAKE-METHOD is never actually macroexpanded, but I think
it is easier for the user to think of it as a local macro that changes a
form into a method, even though it's not implemented that way.  I don't
feel real strongly about this, but unless you feel strongly let's leave
it alone.