CONCEP and FUNCTI

    Date: 05 Feb 88  0948 PST
    From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>

    There are new CONCEP and FUNCTI .TEX and .DVI files on SAIL. These
    incorporate Danny's comments and the infamous (class-name <class>) = junk
    change. The impact of this latter change is minimal because many things
    deal with proper names, which are still symbols. For example, defclass
    and parameter specializers all either define proper names or take
    symbols as the names of classes. We hope to send these two chapters
    to X3J13 monday.

    Date: 07 Feb 88  1800 PST
    From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>

    CONCEP.TEX and .DVI are on SAIL. Unless there is some objection,
    the versions of chapters 1 and 2 currently on SAIL will be mailed to
    X3J13 tomorrow.

    Date: 07 Feb 88  1722 PST
    From: Linda DeMichiel <LGD@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>

    New functi files are out on Sail.  Changes include the addition of call-method,
    make-method, related changes to define-method-combination, changes to
    defclass (:type), and changes to defgeneric (method descriptions).

I read all of these changes and they are all fine, except note my comment
sent in previous mail today that defgeneric should add new methods
before it removes old one, to avoid transient inconsistent states.  This
applies to chapter 2 (chapter 1 is not specific about the order of
operations here).

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this.