Re: Reinitialization

    Date: Tue, 12 Apr 88 20:42:08 -0400
    From: kanderso@WILMA.BBN.COM

    Please correct me if i'm wrong, i've been trying to trying to follow
    this discussion from the outside.  Are you talking about a
    reinitialization protocal in general, or about reinitialization of
    classes or methods when they change?

Maybe I should let Gregor answer, since it was his idea.

Both.  The immediate goal is to codify how classes and generic functions
change (not methods; for some reason method objects are immutable
instead of being redefinable like the other two major kinds of meta
objects.)  However, the idea is to codify this in terms of a generalized
reinitialization mechanism that can also be used for other things, by users.