DEADLINE for finishing 1 and 2

    Date: Wed, 20 Apr 88 16:39:58 PDT
    From: Jon L White <edsel!jonl@labrea.Stanford.EDU>

    There have been a flurry of messages on (re)initialization, and I'm not
    sure if it all settled down.  As a reminder, at the last X3J13 meeting,
    I brought up the matter of the similarity of the initialization protocols
    and the re-initialization ones; someone (probably you or moon) suggested
    that this issue would be dealt with in the mails, and that I should hold
    my question until something more concrete appears.  I think I'm still
    waiting?

I think your question is exactly what we've been working on.