belated editorial comment

    Date: Wed, 27 Apr 88 10:59 PDT
    From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM

    I believe that this one of jonl's belated messages should be dealt with
    by putting a comment at the front of this section saying this is just a
    summary of something the cleanup committee is already dealing with.
    Either that or it should be removed entirely.

Until Common Lisp itself has a spec in which all of the Cleanup issues
are documented, I think it best to keep this section in the CLOS spec.