"Written Responses" to CLOS 88-002: SETF Functions

    Date: Tue, 26 Apr 88 20:56:52 PDT
    From: Jon L White <edsel!jonl@labrea.Stanford.EDU>

	    "Introduction to Setf Functions" Belongs in CLtL, not CLOS
    ....there is no need, now, to have this in the CLOS spec,
    since it has already been tentatively approved by the Cleanup committee.

My notes from the March X3J13 meeting say that X3J13 failed to make a
decision on the setf functions issue, because it got tied up with a larger
issue of "function specs" that a different committee was going to work
on.  Was a decision made late Thursday afternoon, after I left?  I seem
to have lost my copy of the minutes of the meeting, or maybe they have
not been mailed out yet.

If X3J13 has adopted setf functions, I agree that the CLOS spec does not
need to discuss them.  If X3J13 is still dithering, I think the writeup
should stay in the CLOS spec.  If X3J13 has rejected setf functions, then
we have a problem.