Re: Method Objects are not Functions

    Date: 23 May 88 23:32 PDT
    From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>

    I don't understand the reasoning that would argue that a method
    object a priori cannot be a function.

The metaclass of a method object is standard-class.  Standard-class does
not support the behavior which allows its metainstances to be
funcallable objects.  Only funcallable-standard-class does that.

I suppose that some implementation could extend standard-class to do
that, but I don't see that as a freedom we really need to allow.
-------