macroexpansions of the user interface macros

    Date: Wed, 8 Mar 89 20:20 EST
    From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    I am currently up against a roadblock
    and I wonder if you can shed any light on it.  The briefest
    description of the problem is that your metaobject document seems
    confused about where the name-to-object translations happen.
    For defclass, is it inside of ensure-class or outside of it?
    The most problematic name-to-object translation is the one from
    the surface syntax of slot definitions to the direct-slot-definition
    objects.

Never mind.  I figured out that your philosophy is that the
programmer interface macros only do parsing, not name-to-object
translation.  All the name-to-object translation is inside
of ensure-class.  That's okay with me, I'll proceed that way.