issue CLOS-MACRO-COMPILATION

    Date: Thu, 9 Mar 89 17:17:22 MST
    From: sandra%defun@cs.utah.edu (Sandra J Loosemore)

    Have you made any progress yet on settling on your new model of how
    the CLOS defining macros work?

I didn't get a chance to talk with Gregor when he was here a couple
days ago, but I have made some progress on this myself.  However, it's
not ready to show to anyone yet.

				    I have opened a new cl-compiler issue,
    CLOS-MACRO-COMPILATION, for this, but I don't yet have a proposal.
    (Or even a problem statement written down, for that matter.)  I am
    planning to distribute the rest of our issues to X3J13 early next
    week and would like to have at least a draft ready by then.  If you
    don't think that's possible, I will have to say in our report that
    we need an extension to get this issue resolved.

What I'm doing won't be ready to show to X3J13 that soon.  However,
assuming that eval-when is settled now, I don't think what I'm doing
will have any effect on X3J13 as it should be all at the metaobject
level.  I guess I won't know that for sure until I'm done.