Re: Understanding Method Combination.

    Date: Mon, 20 Mar 89 10:03:39 CST
    From: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>

    This may work in PCL, but there isn't any COMPUTE-EFFECTIVE-METHOD-BODY
    in chapter 3 of the CLOS specs.  There is only COMPUTE-EFFECTIVE-METHOD,
    which returns the complete method object rather than a form.

I mistyped, the generic function is indeed called COMPUTE-EFFECTIVE-METHOD.
It is mentioned in chapter 1.  As it is documented in chapter 3, it returns
an effective method which is a lisp form that could be thought of as the
body of a lambda.  Inside the forms are invocations of the call-method
macro.  This macro arranges to pass the arguments to the method to the
actual method objects.  So, the rest of my message was basically correct
wrt the specification.
-------