CLOS Workshop

I have received a number of questions about this, so I thought this
might be generally useful information.

The second CLOS Users and Implementors workshop will be help at the
OOPSLA conference this year.  The date is not yet set but will probably
be October 2nd.  There will be a modest fee, in addition to the OOPSLA
registration fee, for attending the workshop.

This year's workshop will have a somewhat different format than last
year.  In particular, attendance at this year's workshop will be more
limited.  This will make it possible to have a more intensive workshop
which we feel is more appropriate at this stage in the growth of the
CLOS community.  The papers that are submitted will be reviewed by a
panel of CLOS experts, and workshop participants will be selected on
this basis.

What follows it the formal announcement to be included in the advance
publicity for OOPSLA:

  The Second Annual CLOS Users and Implementors Workshop

This workshop is for persons with substantial experience with the Common
Lisp Object System.  The purpose of this workshop is to bring together a
wide range of CLOS expertise in a setting which promotes substantive
interaction among the participants.   The workshop will address current
issues in the use, development and implementation of CLOS.

In order to promote intensive interaction among workshop participants,
attendance will be limited to 30 people.  Persons who would like to
attend should submit five copies of a short (5 - 10 page) paper
describing their work with CLOS.  This can include more general work in
OO systems as it relates to CLOS.  It is permissible for this to be a
paper which will be presented in the main track of the conference.

Papers must be received by August 1 1989 and should be sent to:

Gregor Kiczales
Xerox PARC
3333 Coyote Hill Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304