Re: Copyrights

Scott,
	Your points are well taken.  I have raised the issue
before and I'll raise it again that we do not want to place
ourselves in the same bind vis-a-vis ANSI that we have had with
Digital.  I think that we have to give some rights to ANSI but we
had damn well better make sure that we have ultimate rights to
what we need.  We must, for example, have the rights to the
Common Lisp Specification.  We should also have the rights (as
you have already pointed out) to provide online manuals and
documents to those who need them for implementation.  I think the
issue should be what rights we allow them rather than what rights
they want to give them.

Ron