[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: iso work on Lisp
- To: MATHIS@USC-ISIF.ARPA
- Subject: Re: iso work on Lisp
- From: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 16 May 86 17:46 PDT
- Cc: Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU, cl-steering@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: MATHIS@USC-ISIF.ARPA's message of 16 May 86 14:10 PDT
To what extent can we consider the following to make EU happy?
a) subsets of CommonLisp
b) alternatives that are additive
c) alternatives that can be made additive
by loading a support file.
The latter two keeps backwards compatability at th cost of agreeing on a
union that is acceptable, and the first allows smaller upwards growing
I agree that changes that harm current users must be very important to