Japan

Yesterday a Japanese tour group came through Lucid, and the
discussion turned towards standardization. I mentioned that
we were thinking of asking JEIDA to appoint a member. One of the
people there was Prof. Haruki Ueno from Tokyo Denki University,
and he said he was Ida's professor. He strongly stated that
although Ida is a good guy, he is too young to command the respect
of the Japanese computing community. Ueno and others pointed out that
unless we worked through the Japanese Information Processing Society,
the process would not be taken seriously. I don't know anything
about this society, but I became a little alarmed by what I heard.

Any thoughts?
			-rpg-