Japan

This is the sort of thing I was afraid of.  It may be that there's a
university/industry split in Japan, with Ida and the JEIDA people on one
side and JIPS on the other.  Or it may be more complex than that.  My
fear is that there may be nobody who is both senior enough to command
the proper respect and also interested in Common Lisp and willing to
devote soem effort to it.  I'm not sure what we do then.  Maybe ask JIPS
to appoint someone, even if he's only a figurehead, and proceed that
way.

We really do need to get some more data points from senior people over
there, I guess.

-- Scott