Plans for Lisp Conference

Perhaps we should have a (prepared) announcement, to the attendees,
simply explaining what the present state of things is.  I'd imagine
there'd be some interested people who do not have access to the
Common-Lisp mailing list, and there isn't any good was to disseminate
status information to them.  We'd have to keep it short, in order to fit
into the conference schedule, and in deference to all the functional
programming mathematicians who don't care about Common Lisp anyway.
We'd also have to be careful about what we say vis a vis European
involvement and any other such touchy subjects.