Help!!!!

In using CLX I've encountered a real problem.  When I'm trying to choose
from a popup-menu I want events handled by a recursive level of a normally
top level event handling loop.  The problem is that under LCL 3.0 this
apparently happens on a separate stack from the invoker of the new event
loop.  This seems to be related to a process locking that occurs when
CLX calls holding-lock.  The problem is that a throw from the menu handling
functions finds no corresponding catch (which is in the caller's frame).

So:

1) Am I doing this the wrong way?  (It worked under the older Lucid CL)

2) Is there a simple change I can make to cause it to work this way?

3) Should I disable the process stuff in CLX?

Cheers,

(and confused)

Doug (doug@zaphod.prime.com)