Re: xlib:<mumble>-equal

    The specification for these predicates is not clear. Should they return
    true iff the two drawable/font/gcontext/etc. objects are EQ (the current
    implementation)?  Or should they return true iff the two objects name the
    same server resource?

EQness is implementation dependent.  The -equal functions are provided to
test if they name the same resource on the same display.  I do not believe
the issue of testing equality of objects obtained from two distinct connections
to the same X server was ever considered, so I would not be surprised to see
the implementation consider such objects as not equal.