Re: trouble with CLX, LUCID, and window stuff from background processes.

   first, many windows created and displayed from the background do not appear
   unless some sort of interrupt is triggered from the foreground.

Are you calling XLIB::DISPLAY-FORCE-OUTPUT after each server
request?  This sorta thing sounds like you aren't.

   second, if i create more than 5 window and 10 gcontexts in a background
   routine, communication between CLX and LUCID breaks, graphics freeze, and
   within a few forms and connes, all is locked up, and i have to kill it all
   off and start things over. however, before everything freezes up, and though
   no graphics are working, LISP still receives interrupts from the mouse entering
   and exiting and clicking on windows.

You mean you have to kill the X server or just Lisp?  If you can
still type Control-C and get thrown into the debugger, we should be
able to find out what's causing this by doing a backtrace in the
right Lisp process.

   i would love to describe this problem in greater detail to anyone who thinks
   that they might know what the problem is, but i'll leave it at this for now.

Sure, send me a message with as much more information as you care to
give.  Or better yet, call me at (415) 329-8400 x5573.

Oh, by the way, which version of CLX are you using?

Jim Healy
Lucid, Inc.