xlib:query-tree

  There is a version of CLX for Sun Allegro floating around here at CMU
that crashes whenever you call xlib:query-tree.  The version of Allegro
I'm using is 3.1.13 [Sun 3] (4/24/90).  I'm not sure what version of CLX it is,
but it's definitely R4.  This also happens on some PMax machines here.
The error message looks like:

<cl> (xlib:query-tree drawable)
Debug: ID 42 from display #<XLIB:DISPLAY unix:0 (MIT X Consortium R4)> should have been
a XLIB:WINDOW, but was :WM_ZOOM_HINTS
[1] <cl> :zoom
Evaluation stack:

 ->(ERROR XLIB:LOOKUP-ERROR :ID ...)
   (XLIB::X-ERROR XLIB:LOOKUP-ERROR :ID ...)
   (XLIB:QUERY-TREE #<XLIB:WINDOW unix:0 20971523> :RESULT-TYPE ...)
   (EVAL (XLIB:QUERY-TREE #))
   (EXCL::START-REBORN-LISP)
[1] <cl>

  I can get it just by creating an X window and calling xlib:query-tree
on its drawable.

  This probably sounds vague, but you may have seen something like this before.
Let me know if I can give you any more information.