CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Experiences with CLIM

Ok, we have received CLIM 0.9 from Franz for ACL 3.1 about 20 days
ago. Since there we have done some testing with it to compare it against
the CLIM prerelease on Symbolics. First, CLIM is relatively slow, i.e.
if you push your frame via X on an X-Server CLIM blocks that server
for a few seconds before it starts to paint the frame. We succeeded in
starting the address book demo and the CAD demo, but when resizing the
x-window no refresh happened although the mouse-sensitive regions
were still present on the now empty frame.
I hope that these bugs will be removed in the next version and I
understand the comment ILA is making not to use 0.9 for commercial
software projects.

Bernd.

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index