CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-... Functions]

With all the included mail it wasn't clear who exactly said:

       Then answer to the more general question is that you should really only
       use things that are both exported and documented.  Some of the things in
       the export list are still subject to change.

I would like to point out that that CLIM is still evolving and if we
users need capabilities/functions that the designers of CLIM haven't
anticipated, we (the users) should let them now.  If we can make a case for
it and the designers decide the need is generic then maybe it will be
adapted and then become portable.

My strategy is to do what I need to do and then try to make it as portable
as possible.  After all, I could make my code portable if I assumed only
TTY-style I/O.

0,,