CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-... Functions]

   Date: Tue, 26 Feb 1991 12:48-0500
   From: Scott McKay <SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
   Subject: [CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-... Functions]
   To: taylor@CHARON.arc.nasa.gov, SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM

       Date: Tue, 26 Feb 1991 12:38 EST
       From: will taylor <taylor@CHARON.arc.nasa.gov>

	  Date: Fri, 15 Feb 91 09:55 PST
	  From: will taylor <taylor@CHARON.arc.nasa.gov>
	  To: clim@bbm.com
	  cc: taylor@CHARON.arc.nasa.gov

	  In Genera CLIM 1.0, apropos show several functions:

	  CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-HEIGHT - Function (WINDOW)
	  CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-BOTTOM - Function (WINDOW)
	  CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-EDGES - Function (WINDOW)
	  CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-SIZE - Function (WINDOW)
	  CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-WIDTH - Function (WINDOW)
	  CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-LEFT - Function (WINDOW)
	  CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-TOP - Function (WINDOW)
	  CLIM:WINDOW-INSIDE-RIGHT - Function (WINDOW)

	  which are exported from the CLIM package, but are
	  not documented in "Common Lisp Interface Manager
	  (CLIM): Early Release 1.0".  For a function to be
	  assumed portable by users, does it have to be exported
	  AND documented, or only exported?

	  ==> Will Taylor

       This was sent to the CLIM newgroup, but no answer was
       forthcoming at the time. Can you give me an answer?

   I guess nobody forwarded my answer.

The answer supplied did not answer the small question -- Scott McKay
answered it in this response to me.

   The answer to the small question, "can I used WINDOW-INSIDE-xxx?", is
   "yes, you can, and they will be documented in CLIM Release 1.0".

   Then answer to the more general question is that you should really only
   use things that are both exported and documented.  Some of the things in
   the export list are still subject to change.

0,,