CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Using Processes in CLIM

    Date: Mon, 1 Apr 91 18:52:20 PST
    From: Jon L White <jonl%kuwait@lucid.com>

    re: It would be rather awful if the use of documented and supposedly portable
	features of CLIM resulted in applications effectively only being portable
	to a limited set of implementations which happen to provide a particular
	tasking model.

    Isn't it the case that CLIM applications will likely only "port" to those
    implementations that are party to the CLIM consortium?
That's not the intent.  Rich Acuff's attempt to port CLIM to the
Explorer should provide an interesting test of the theory.
							    I know that this
    isn't a "closed" consortium; but not even every vendor with a Symbolics-
    inspired multi-tasking design belongs to it.  Someone can correct me if
    they really think that CLIM is likely to be working freely and well on,
    say, MACL 2.0 (the Apple Common Lisp).
It is certainly our expectation that CLIM will work well on MCL 2.0.
The Mac has been one of the important target platforms for CLIM from the
beginning.

    -- JonL --

- Mark

0,,