CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Using Processes in CLIM

re: It would be rather awful if the use of documented and supposedly portable
    features of CLIM resulted in applications effectively only being portable
    to a limited set of implementations which happen to provide a particular
    tasking model.

Isn't it the case that CLIM applications will likely only "port" to those
implementations that are party to the CLIM consortium?  I know that this
isn't a "closed" consortium; but not even every vendor with a Symbolics-
inspired multi-tasking design belongs to it.  Someone can correct me if
they really think that CLIM is likely to be working freely and well on,
say, MACL 2.0 (the Apple Common Lisp).

-- JonL --

0,,

Follow-Ups: References: