CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Presentation Actions with Active Lisp Listener

    Date: Mon, 6 May 1991 13:22 EDT
    From: will taylor <taylor@charon.arc.nasa.gov>

    Environment: Symbolics CLIM early release 1.0.

    I created a CLIM frame with a Lisp Listener :interactor
    pane, where I evaluate a form which runs until I type the
    character "q".  Mouse sensitive output is drawn on several
    frame panes while the form is running.  I defined presentation
    actions to "pop-up" a window, when the mouse is clicked over
    the mouse sensitive output.  Only one minor problem -- while
    the form is active, the mouse handling appears to be inhibited.
    After I type the "q" and the form returns and the :interactor is
    waiting for input, the presentation actions work just fine.

    Is there a way to have the presentation actions enabled during the
    the running of the :interactor pane form?  Do I have to create two
    CLIM frames and have the :interactor running in one, and the mouse
    sensitive output drawn on the second frame where the presentation
    actions will be defined?

Have a background process that is waiting for input on the same stream
as the interactor.  Be very careful, use locks.

    Thanks for any suggestions.

    ==> Will Taylor

0,,

Follow-Ups: References: