CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Presentation Actions with Active Lisp Listener

    Date: Mon, 6 May 1991 18:01 EDT
    From: will taylor <taylor@charon.arc.nasa.gov>

	Date: Mon, 6 May 1991 15:23-0400
	From: Scott McKay <SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	    Date: Mon, 6 May 1991 13:22 EDT
	    From: will taylor <taylor@charon.arc.nasa.gov>

	    Environment: Symbolics CLIM early release 1.0.

	    I created a CLIM frame with a Lisp Listener :interactor
	    pane, where I evaluate a form which runs until I type the
	    character "q".  Mouse sensitive output is drawn on several
	    frame panes while the form is running.  I defined presentation
	    actions to "pop-up" a window, when the mouse is clicked over
	    the mouse sensitive output.  Only one minor problem -- while
	    the form is active, the mouse handling appears to be inhibited.
	    After I type the "q" and the form returns and the :interactor is
	    waiting for input, the presentation actions work just fine.

	    Is there a way to have the presentation actions enabled during the
	    the running of the :interactor pane form?  Do I have to create two
	    CLIM frames and have the :interactor running in one, and the mouse
	    sensitive output drawn on the second frame where the presentation
	    actions will be defined?

	Have a background process that is waiting for input on the same stream
	as the interactor.  Be very careful, use locks.

    Using background processes and locks isn't portable, is it?  I should have
    specified that I am looking for a portable CLIM solution.

"[creating] two CLIM frames and have the:interactor running in one, and
the mouse sensitive output drawn on the second" will not work in the
absence of multiple processes, either.

I can think of no portable solution to this in CLIM 1.0.

	    Thanks for any suggestions.

	    ==> Will Taylor

0,,