CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Specializing CLIM's window class -- Ooops!!

    Date: Sat, 1 Jun 91 17:00 PDT
    From: will taylor <taylor@charon.arc.nasa.gov>

	To: cl-bugs@franz.com
	Date: Fri, 31 May 91 12:11 PDT
	From: will taylor <taylor@CHARON.arc.nasa.gov>

	I am running Franz CLIM 4.0a and want to specialize
	the default window class to create a class to use
	as an argument to the :window-class pane option.

	What is the name of the class that I specialize on?
	In the Symbolics implementation (1.0 beta), I use
	clim::sheet-window-stream.  I tried clim::window-class,
	but enter the debugger with --

    I found the answer: clim::clx-window.  Is there going to be
    a portable CLIM class, instead of implementation specific
    classes?

Clearing out old mail:  Yes.  In CLIM 2.0, the port-specific
"implementation" object is a separate piece of data called a "medium",
and a window stream is general, so you can portably specialize on the
window stream class.

0,,