CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mac CLIM Questions

    Date: Tue, 25 Jun 91 11:10:47 CDT
    From: Ian Flanigan <flan@informatics.wustl.edu>

    Hi,

	I'm using MCL 2.0b1p3 and CLIM 1.0.

Thanks for the bug reports.

	My first question is: How do I simulate the Middle and Right mouse
    buttons?

I don't know the answer to this yet, but will do some research on it
this week.  You might wind up having to define commands on
Control-"left" rather than on "middle".

	The second one is: When I abort a menu-choose form, it completely
    exits the frame and gives the message "Cancelled" back at the Lisp top
    level.  I presume that there is a throw that I need to catch, yet I
    have not been able to find any mention of it in the Symbolics manual.
    One of the demos catches the tag 'abort-gesture-seen', but that's not
    what menu-choose is throwing.  Even the test-suite menu and dialog
    test ("Simple Menu") exits if the menu is aborted.

Yes, this is a bug in the CLIM Mac chooser.  We're not catching the
THROW to ':CANCEL caused by the Macintosh modal dialog code.  For now,
wrap CATCHING-MAC-CANCEL around your calls to MENU-CHOOSE, where that
macro is defined as

  (defmacro catching-mac-cancel (&body body)
    `(block menu-choose
       (catch ':cancel
	 (return-from menu-choose
	   (progn ,@body)))